Samsonite South Africa wants to celebrate South African women. To do this, we need your help. We want you to nominate a South African woman you would like to honour for our first Samsonite Women’s Day celebration competition.
How it works
The entry must include the nominee’s details (name, email address/cell number) and why you are nominating them. Perhaps they have worked hard and beat the odds? Or they have had a remarkable moment which you believe is worth celebrating? Or you are inspired by their life and what they have achieved? Whatever the reason, by nominating them you are also thrown into a draw where you could win the same incredible Samsonite selection!
Winner’s will be chosen based on the merit of entries and judge’s decision is final. T’s and C’s apply.
The competition runs from 1st-14th August.
- This competition is promoted by Samsonite South Africa.
- This competition shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of section 36 read with Regulation 11 of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008.
- Competition Period: The competition runs from 1-14 August
- How to Enter: Entries are to be submitted on www.samsonite.co.za
- Visit www.samsonite.co.za and follow the entry mechanism as stipulated on the page, i.e.; nominations are to be submitted describing why a woman in South Africa should be awarded the prize based on their achievement, life, success story or reasoning as submitted by the nominator.
- Prizes. There are two sets of prizes namely;
A – to the winning nominee
B – to the person who nominated the winning nominee.
Each winner will receive 1 x Red Flux Spinner 55cm and Red My Samsonite Handbag each.
- The prize is valid for use by the winners under the following conditions:
- The prize is not refundable nor transferable in any way or form;
- Who Can Enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old and a legal resident of the Republic of South Africa.
- Exclusion: Directors, members, partners, employees, agents of, or consultants to the Samsonite South Africa group and/or its subsidiaries including the Promoter, their promotional partners and printers, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition or any other person who directly or indirectly.
- Entries that are unintelligible, incomplete, illegible, fraudulent or corrupted will be deemed invalid.
- Entry Fee: There is no entry fee to participate in the competition.
- Winner: The winner will be chosen the day after the competition closing date (14 August). Winner will be decided based on merit as evaluated by competition criteria and matching entries and content as requested by entry and their nominator. Should the competition draw be postponed to another date for any reason whatsoever, the new date will be published on Twitter and Facebook within 1 day after the original date. The entries will be judged based on competition qualifying criteria and the competition winner per category is subject to us being able to contact the winners. The Promoter will contact the winners via their e-mail address or social media or phone number. The winner will be notified telephonically or by email by the Marketing Department of the Promoter within 48 (forty-eight) hours of the announcement taking place. If the winner does not respond to our notification that they have won within 4 (four) business days, the competition’s second place position will be elevated to position one as the overall winner. The Promoter will send a notification to the winner. Thereafter we will post the winner’s name on our Twitter Page, Facebook page and Instagram. The winners will receive his or her prize after the processing and verification are completed. The winner may be asked to participate in marketing activities, including by having his/her photograph taken, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so.
- By participating in this competition, you agree to be bound by all the Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions set out above, without exception. The prize is exclusively for the benefit of the winners and is neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
- The winners will be required to complete a declaration acknowledging receipt of the prize and that he/she is not connected to the Promoter as in terms of clause 5 above.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this competition in its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability. The Promoter and Samsonite South Africa cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants of this competition agree that the Promoter and/or Samsonite South Africa will, subject to prevailing law, have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of the prize, or from participation in this competition. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition. If any provision or part of these Competition Rules is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law, then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Rules shall remain in force. Any violation of these Competition Rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressing participant from the competition.